CONVERSION SYSTEM FROM DIESEL TO GAS - DUAL FUEL
GI F5 DGS ECU Features
- Injection system for adding gas to diesel into the manifold intake (just 2 injectors are sufficient)
- Reading of a wide band lambda sensor to get Air Fuel Ratio (λ title)
- Common rail pressure sensor emulation to reduce diesel consumption
- Exhaust gas temperature detection
- Battery voltage: 12V
- Common rail engine with diesel pump electronically controlled (no pump injector)
- Analog accelerator pedal signal (within range 0÷5V or 0÷10V)
- Rpm signal from any VRS (variable reluctance sensor) or Digital Hall effect sensor (within 0-5V range) related to engine rotation (ie from CamShaft, Phonic wheel,…)
- OBD connection (usable with the OBD Tester) or any other tool (ie original connection software) for checking error presence and resetting it.
- Analog sensor on the fuel high pressure rail
- Air-fuel ratio (AFR) information for better calibration (NOTE: if the lambda sensor isn’t already mounted on the car it will have to mount it)
- The GI F5 DGS is capable of a new strategy for the diesel reduction (patent pending) for the common rail engi-ne.
- The substitution principle is based on the reduction of the real pressure of the diesel.
- With this strategy is possible to obtain in dual fuel mode the same torque of the engine that we have with only diesel.
- The gas is inlet directly in the manifold in the part common for all the cylinders for the best gas-air mix.
- The gas injection isn’t in phase with the engine
- The gas quantity is calculated depending of the two state variables that are basilar for the functionality of the system: pedal position and RPM